The representatives of the Deconcentrated Directorate of Culture of Cusco, of the Regional Management of Foreign Trade and Tourism of Cusco (Gercetur), of Peru Rail, and the municipalities of Machu Picchu town and of Ollantaytambo agreed to schedule for the 15th of February the reopening of Llaqta of Machu Picchu.
MINUTES OF CONCLUSIONS OF THE DIALOGUE TABLE WITH AUTHORITIES AND INVOLVED PARTIES FOR THE OPENING OF THE LLAQTA OF THE HISTORICAL SANCTUARY OF MACHUPICCHU – ARCHAEOLOGICAL PARK OF MACHUPICCHU
In the city of Cusco, in the auditorium facilities of the Regional Management of Foreign Trade and Tourism, and invited representatives, through Multiple Official Letter No. 001-2023-GR Cusco – UGM/ST, having different positions for the opening of the Llaqta of Historical Sanctuary of Machu Picchu and Archaeological Park of Machu Picchu, however, the following conclusions were reached:
- Lic. Abel Matto Leiva – Regional Manager of Foreign Trade, Tourism and Crafts, indicates that the municipalities of Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Poroy and Urubamba, through their representatives, hold dialogue tables and sign minutes with the Presidents of the Peasant Communities, for the activation of tourism in the Llaqta of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu – Machupicchu Archaeological Park.
- The Director of the Decentralized Directorate of Culture, Arch. Maritza Rosa Candia, told the authorities to propose a date to reach the respective Minutes with the Presidents of the Communities in numeral 1, so by consensus it was agreed that they will be submitted with a deadline of February 15th, 2023.
- Mr. Robinson Gutierrez Llanos – Tourism Manager of the District Municipality of Ollantaytambo, will speak with the population to raise awareness regarding the problem of tourism.
- Mr. Héctor Oliver – Deputy Mayor of the District Municipality of Machu Picchu agrees to dialogue in the communities with the leaders.
- For February 15th, 2023, the opening of the Llaqta of the Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu – Machu Picchu Archaeological Park is being scheduled.