1. Peru cultivates more than 55 sorts of corn, and you can barely about find it in any color including purple yellow, white and black.
2. The potato is originally from Peru, and there are over 3,800 varied kinds. Peruvians use the expression “Soy mas Peruano que la papa” (I am more Peruvian than the potato).
3. Guinea Pig (they call it a “Cuy”) is a traditional course eaten in Peru. Yummy! Is not it?
4. Peru is the 5th largest producer of gold.
|Rank||Country||2013 output||2014e output||Change Y/Y|
5. The National University of San Marcos is the oldest in the Americas and was founded on the 12th of May of 1551.
6. Peru has the second largest amount of Shamans in the world, second only to India.
7. The inventor of the first modern rocket propulsion system was a Peruvian named Pedro Paulet.
8. The finest cottons in the world, Pima and Tanguis are Peruvian.
9. Peru’s capital Lima was once the most powerful city in South America, but fell into decline when the Spanish created a viceroyalty in Rio de la Plata.
10. Peru’s Independence Day is celebrated on July 28, and is known as ‘Fiestas Patrias.’
know more about your travel destination in Peru, the best tourist destinations such as Cusco city and Machu Picchu, Arequipa and Colca Canyon, Puno and Lake Titicaca. besides other interesting for your trip to Peru issues.